Manual, people dependent work order management processes become a black box for field personnel – what if you could empower them to manage their own requests, update the status, and track to completion – anytime, anywhere?
What happens when the lease operators need spares or repairs or support services on the ground? They raise a request. Simple enough, right? Not really. Raising a request or creating a work order, be it for routine requirements or for something unique or urgent, is anything but simple! For one, it is completely manual and relies heavily on the back-office support staff. The fate of a repair or spare hangs on the interpretation of data entry operators – if they fail to understand the field requirements correctly or make inaccurate entries in the work order management system, the lease operators are left in the lurch. And, the bigger issue is – there is no feedback loop to the lease operators. The last mile delivery of the request and visibility to its status is completely missing, thus decreasing field efficiency and increasing lifting cost. These inefficiencies cost dear, but are not recorded and hence difficult to quantify. This is like an inconspicuous seepage that weakens the structure, as the time goes on. Manual Process, Complete Invisibility
To understand how work orders are generally raised in the field, let’s look at the following scenario:
- Let’s assume, a lease operator needs spares for an equipment.
- He/ She conveys this either through one of many traditional mechanisms: via phone, through a note or an email to the back-end office.
- The support staff then makes an entry into the work order management system.
- If the operator wants to know what happened to the work order, he/she may have to navigate a web of potential system logins, reports or dig deep into emails buried in the inbox.
- This is a futile exercise in assumptions and presumptions that most often results in a wild goose chase. There is no way for the lease operator to confirm if his/her request has been rightly raised or to simply know what the status of the request is. The wait cycle is long and a lot is lost in translation.
- The complete lack of visibility on the status impacts the productivity on the ground and is very likely to result in a frustrating game of financial statement Sudoku for the analysts at the end of the quarter.
Empowering Lease Operators to Own the Process – Last Mile Delivery
How do we restore some order in this chaos? Most E&P enterprises struggle to ensure the last mile delivery to lease operators. There is hardly a way to devise feasible ways to pick up requests and status updates to/from the field without adding extra overhead or complicating the process further. The answer lies in empowering the people on the ground with the right tools to own the process.
Seven Lakes’ Joyn specializes in the last mile delivery to the field. JoynTM is an easy to use, simple to integrate and quick to adopt technology, designed for the field user with the purpose of bringing the field and the back office closer together.
JoynTM, the Seamless Integrator with Anytime Anywhere Access
JoynTM enables creation and assignment of work orders in few simple steps and allows the back-office staff to push those to the field directly. Lease operators can raise requests, access work order forms, and attain status updates on their mobile devices. Seamless integration with the corporation’s work order management system enables work orders to be tracked anytime by the lease operators themselves. With JoynTM, the field is truly in charge and empowered to plan with clear visibility.
JoynTM, with its ease of usage and ability to talk back to work order management systems in an E&P organization has the following advantages:
- Saves Time –
The lease operators do not need to depend on a 3rd party non-automated, nonintegrated medium to carry their requests to back-office personnel who in turn would take more time understanding, processing and pasting the request into the system.
They can own the entire process right on their handheld device in 3 easy steps:
- Go to equipment,
- Pull up work order form,
- Enter new information or check status. Done.
- Saves Cost – Joyn reduce lifting cost by increasing efficiency where it matters most – in the field, not on a spreadsheet at the end of the quarter. It streamlines the work order management process without incurring any additional overhead cost. Also, with clear visibility, the lease operators can make pre-emptive plans and schedule the repairs / spare replacements keeping productivity in mind.
- Maintains Quality Across the Board – Joyn assures the quality of operational excellence, quality of Data and quality of life for the people on the ground. This achieved through a self-serve automated solution for timely field interventions, better predictability and increased ownership of the overall work process.
Do you have challenges in managing work order processes? How do you manage them? Please do share your thoughts with us.