At Seven Lakes, every day brings about an opportunity to transform the future of how Oil & Gas companies do business. Join and help us lead this revolution.
Department: Marketing, Seven Lakes Technologies Salary: Immediate Full Time or Contract to Hire, Compensation DOE, Associate level approx. 3-5 years experience
Seven Lakes Technologies is hiring a driven, strategic Associate Video Producer with writing and video production experience to join the Marketing team.
You will be responsible for preproduction, production, live streaming, postproduction, and program development across our portfolio of video programming, which includes prerecorded short-form and long-form content as well as live-streamed webinars. You’ll work closely with the rest of the Content Marketing team, as well as across other functional teams within Product, Sales and Customer Success. This position involves hands-on production and postproduction.
- Create several digital video stories per week, often under tight news-driven deadlines
- Cut short form digital video in under 3 hours from end-to-end: Collecting reporting, writing the script, collecting assets/b-roll, producing and editing video, and posting it on social and web platforms
- Foundational editing skills with software such as Adobe Premiere, AfterEffects, AVID or other comparable video, sound and animation tools.
- Write scripts, show notes, notes for the editor and associated email copy, social media posts as part of video distribution promotion and packaging marketing campaigns and social media platform posts.
- Conduct pre-show producer’s interviews with onscreen talent and ideate with Lead Producer on “what is the story?”
- Take assignments from the Managing Editor/Producer daily
- Manage the scheduling, tasks, and calendaring of content production team from start to finish
- Contribute to content brainstorms by pitching content ideas that will help build video views, on-site and off-site traffic and audience
- Optimize video formats for distribution – be able to create concise, interesting stories with a persuasive voice for social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Ability to write social media copy to promote videos and other dynamic content.
- Working knowledge of marketing strategy principles as it relates to dynamic content i.e. unique selling proposition, marketing campaign, user personas, go to market strategy and launch
- Demonstrates basic design capabilities to ensure brand guidelines are met.
- BA or BS from a four-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Ideal candidate has degree in business, marketing, or journalism
- Minimum 2 years of experience creating content for digital platforms
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills, able to look at disparate pieces and figure out “what is the story here?”
- Strong copy-editing skills, ability to self-edit your own work
- Working experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects.), knowledge of Photoshop is a must
- Must be able to work under extremely tight deadlines
- Social media-savvy with the ability to post your own stories on social accounts (Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Execute the “Content multiplier” - Must be able to write articles for websites, email copy, social media posts
- Familiarity with camera, lighting, and sound setup, and conducting onscreen interviews.
- Creative thinker who can look at entertainment trends and find innovative ways to tell a story in a digital video
- Strategic leader with willingness to be an individual contributor working within a team environment and contribute to the overall brand’s growth and success
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a team-based environment with ability to give and receive direction.
- Foundational understanding of digital metrics: page views, video views, how to gain new followers on different platforms, including on-site
- Strong camera skills: ability to shoot your own videos using cameras, setup own lighting, sound equipment
- Onscreen presence and interview skills – ability to interview onscreen talent and come up with smart, breaking news questions that we can turn into digital videos.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online plus reels/samples/content pieces of previous work
- Work business hours in Pacific Standard Time, but can be home based anywhere in the U.S. with work authorization.
- Must have ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings due to news cycles, breaking news, and video changes.
About Seven Lakes Technologies
Seven Lakes is a US based leading provider of innovative enterprise software for Upstream Oil & Gas Industry. We develop cutting-edge in-premise and cloud products to improve the way Oil & Energy companies operate, by enabling collaborative and data-science driven planning, decision-making and execution.
We are compact and dynamic team with Day-1 vigour of a start-up even after 10 years of operations. Our team consists of top-notch talent from IITs, IIMs and Top US universities. Our office locations are in Los Angeles Bengaluru, Mumbai, and Kochi.
The Technical Project Manager will act as a connecting link between our US office and India office teams in managing the development process as per requirements, as well as team communication. He/she will need to work with development/program management/support teams to ensure quality delivery. The ideal candidate will be both a self-starter and effective collaborator, having a deep background in agile web-based and mobile-based application development, showing strong interest in systems and process improvement, product knowledge with excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as good written and oral communication skills.
He/she is expected to understand complex business processes and requirements, challenge them for completeness of thought, and help translate them to written requirements when needed. The incumbent should also possess the ability to communicate and disseminate this information to appropriate people in the organization (primarily, Product managers/analysts, developers, and testers). He/she should have the ability to work on multiple assignments, exercise good judgment in decision-making, meet deadlines, work independently, demonstrate an attention to detail, and be flexible.
Role Accountability and Responsibilities
- Own and drive sprint-based process for agile development and delivery of products.
- Work closely with product managers, customer-facing project managers, and technical team to understand requirements, establish plans, goals and timelines for products and projects, track progress, and provide timely updates.
- Motivate the engineering and QA team members to achieve maximum pace and efficiency during projects.
- Work with the team leads to define deliverables and specify the acceptance criteria for their part of work.
- Determine the priority order of all the deliverables and their tasks.
- Help the team in estimating effort required, making sure that it is a reasonable estimate.
- Communicate regularly the current state of deliverables.
- Step in to fill any communication gaps and mentor team members.
- Communicate any blockers or issues faced by the team in India as well as respond to any issues raised by the US team.
- Verifying that when the work item is delivered, it meets the acceptance criteria defined at the outset.
- Conduct retrospective every sprint end to find and take action on feedback:
- What did the team do well
- What could have been done better
- Where did the team fail
- Things to improve next time
- Communicate regularly with the leadership in the US to understand their expectations and where they would like to see change(s).
- Conduct sprint planning, grooming, prioritisation meetings for every sprint
- Drive daily scrum calls, ensuring task updates/progress and sprint is on schedule.
- Monitor sprints for quality and productivity metrics as agreed with higher management
Requirements and Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business / Engineering / Information technology or related areas required. MBA would be a plus. Scrum Master certification is a plus.
- Overall minimum 10 years of work experience
- 5+ years of mobile based application development experience (preferred)
- Experience working on Continuous integration /Continuous deployment project.
- 5+ years of web-based application development experience (preferred)
- 5+ years TPM Experience
- Strong proven experience leading and delivering projects with Agile methodology (Scrum framework, Scrum Master role) in fast-paced startup environments.
- 2+ years BA Experience
- Data validation / testing experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Business Analysis / Requirements Gathering skills
- Experience in the upstream Oil and Gas industry preferred